Monday, December 05, 2005

our God is rich in mercy
His ways and paths are true
for me this is a surety
after all He's led me through

He brought to my attention
this thing i say i know
but now with comprehension
along my trek i go

with happiness and cheer
a new sight before my eyes
not seeing in my mirror
reflections of the devil's lies

these things i now remember
when i sing His praise
happy that this defender
will protect me all my days

one of the other things that God has taught me this semster is about His mercy. He has really made it apparent and impacted my view of Him with it and for that i am quite grateful. not seeing Him as an overlord but someone who is merciful and loving and yet still pushing us onto perfection is a much better view. the knowledge that everything doesn't have to be "perfectly right" or even "right" at all sometimes for God to manifest Himself or to do amazing things blows my mind. i can't believe it. but i know it is true. i am dating someone now, who6p! "third times the charm." lol. its char again, so thats been good. hard because of the distance thing, but i have had people remind me that all our talking is building a good foundation for a relationship which i agree with, i just currently miss the combined interaction with others but next semester when we are visiting each other it will be there. not just us when we see each other. def a good thing. i believe things to be on the upward slope for my walk, back to where i need to be, finally recovering from the consequences of my summer's decisions. for that i am also grateful. as well as for truly being involved in things again, my church and my job, to a lesser degree though. happy happy am i. however i need a quote to leave you with, so here goes. this is 1 peter 1:3-5 ESV:

"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! According to his great mercy, he has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, to an inheritance that is imperishable, undefiled, and unfading, kept in heaven for you, who by God's power are being guarded through faith for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last time."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home