Monday, November 14, 2005

flowing

(this is a rap, btw)

my semester

in the midst of tough times
baring my secrets in these rhymes
letting my true feelings show
not hiding out behind some blinds
setting out to let you know
that i'm just your average joe.
often i still struggle
as i sit around and juggle
two perspectives on myself
its like i'm seeing double.
putting God on a shelf
only worring about my health
instead of lying on the altar.
i crawl off and then falter
trying to live my own life.
but my God, He's like Gibraltar
strong enough to keep me from strife
and abet me in acting like His wife.
For God is always workin
this i know for certain
making me like His Son
not standin behind the curtain
like the Wizard havin fun
but bringin change cause He loves me a ton
so i won't run away and hide
for my God moves like the tide
His ways are not our ways
but i promise that He's on our side
this i'll remember all my days
that life ain't a frustratin maze.
He's guiding us along
with His hand so strong
through all the noise and din
until the breaking of the dawn
when He comes back again
and we all can see who wins.

rhyme scheme: AABABB with alternating 6 and 8 syllable lines.

thanks to tim for getting me back to this. feel immature writing it but its true, never to old to struggle with things. was encouraged with a song at church on sat about God's ways not being ours and i wanted to leave the verses for your quote. its isaiah 55:8-9 and 2 peter 3:9

"For My thoughts are not our thoughts, Nor are your ways My ways," declares the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways and My though than your thoughts."

"The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish but for all to come to repentance."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home