Tuesday, October 05, 2004

so why post at 420am?

so, here i am. posting at 420 in the am. i haven't slept yet and i have to drive at six. which means shower at 5 and leave at 530. yay for first shifts. blah. don't really know what to write about. things are going better with me. thanks to kayla for going with me to dennys til like 4 and telling me what i needed to hear. and to mich for getting things more squared away. def a good thing. so i really have nothing to say at all asiding from all that. except that i need to stop drinking coffee. that'd def be a good thing. can't wait to go home on the 15th. whoop! first time since july. that will be nice. get to hang with the fam. so yay for that. go astros. and yes i will be skipping statistics to watch wednesday's game. whoop for that as well. and yes, it is a better use of my time than class, cause that class is worthless. time with Jesus hasn't been so good the last like 4 days, so hopefully that will change. i def need it to. but He is faithful even when we are faithless because He can't deny Himself. yay 2 tim 2. but i know that now i can focus again because what was unresolved has now been taken care of, at least to start. it will take much more work but i will def be doing it. takin it slow, but still progressing forward. rough times it will prolly be, but def good times. well, i think thats enough about me for now. here's your quote. its from a song by extol. shout out to shannon for having this in her profile. i hope you learn from it.


Artist: Extol Lyrics
Album: Burial Lyrics
Song: Reflections Of A Broken Soul Lyrics

I fooled myself again
Trusting an illusion
Of what I thought to be
Never ceasing love
I burned myself again
Leaving scars that never heal
Becoming cynical
To this thing called love

Look into my mind
Fragments of what I desired
In this state I cry
Father please won't you show me
Show me how
To stop it now
Cleanse my mind
Help me find
Love

My soul is an open wound
Filled with salt of sadness
Was this my destiny
To be left alone
I nurse my misery
Leave no room for anyone
Still I am cynical
To this thing called love

A pale reflection
Of a broken soul
Slips through these eyes
Full of tears
Emotional blackout

I cannot trust my own feelings
My sorrow eats me up inside
Learn from mistakes
See what it takes
My feelings fail
Your love remains

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home